[Twisted-Python] blockingCallFromThread, ticket 1042

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Wed Nov 29 14:16:44 EST 2006

On 06:47 pm, markus at bluegap.ch wrote:

>A long time ago, I've been asking about a blocking callFromThread function
>and have been pointed to ticket 1042 at [1]. What's the state on that? Does
>that have a change of being integrated into twisted?

At the very least, the function there needs tests, documentation, and a use-case for some code that is going to want to call it from within Twisted - and I don't think there is any currently.

There are probably a few things that are painful to do without such a function, but in general this sort of thing is just a recipie for deadlocks and running out of threads in your pool, so I am not inclined to push it forward.