[Twisted-Python] trac's reliability

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Mon Nov 27 12:41:26 EST 2006

On Nov 27, 2006, at 10:07 AM, exarkun at divmod.com wrote:
>   Segfaults in the svn bindings - in correspondence with the trac
> team, I have been told (almost in so many words) that bdb-backed
> svn repositories are unsupported and we should switch to fsfs.

FSFS works on svn 1.1.3 (which is what's on wolfwood now). However,
there have been quite a few improvements since  then (like better
binary diff algorithm), and it really would be nice to have svn 1.4
so that we can use svnsync. I've successfully compiled it from source
(~foom/svn14-install), but I don't think I'll be able to make a
working debian package since there seem to be a large number of
differences between the 1.1.3 debian packaging and 1.4 debian
packaging, and the 1.4 debian packaging doesn't stand a chance of
working on woody. If we're okay with installing in /usr/local, it
should be fine.

James