[Twisted-Python] twisted performance and reactor choice

Stéphane Brault stephane_brault at yahoo.fr
Tue Nov 14 12:51:04 EST 2006

Thanks Jean-Paul,

my mistake ;-) I must confess that if I use twisted (and I must say I'm quite happy with it),
I didn't have time to know it that well. Anyway, I was wondering if changing the reactor could
help a little (my application runs on a debian sarge 3.1). In which case would the pollreactor
be relevant or should I stick with the default one (selectreactor if I read the documentation right).
I have a lot of simultaneous deferred at scheduled times (both database access using zalchemy
and connections to external sites which can take some times). I know this might not be enough
to make a decision, but any help would be welcomed.

Thanks again,

Stéphane