[Twisted-Python] PyQt4 Object acting like None.

Nabil Nabil at kramer-smilko.com
Tue Nov 7 16:46:31 EST 2006

Hello everyone. I'm having some trouble with a program I'm writing.
The program uses PyQt4 and qt4reactor. When the program is started it
requests a file from the server that it downloads and saves onto the
client machine. The file is a python module that gets dynamically
loaded and used in the program. All of this works fine on a Max OS X
10.4.6 using Python 2.4.4 and Qt-4.1.0. When I try to run the program
on window I get this error message:

File "C:\path\to\downloaded\module", line X, in init
     self.panel = PhoneBookPanel(self, parent.getWiget())
exceptions.TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

parent:  instance of QMainWindow
parent.getWidget: return a QWidget that will be the parent widget of
self.panel
self.panel is a QWidget instance that will be added to
parent.getWidget()
The thing thats really confusing me is that although it works
perfectly on a mac it crashes on windows using the same version of Qt
and Python!!