[Twisted-Python] twisted WORDS and ICQ connect throug http proxy

Daniel Henninger jadestorm at nc.rr.com
Wed May 31 06:26:42 MDT 2006

The upgraded version of oscar.py that I've been developing has socks5
support in it, though it does not have http support as of yet.  I
don't believe (and if anyone else knows better, please correct me)
that the oscar.py that is included with TwistedWords right now has
the functionality to make use of any proxy.  The reason why I'm not
sure of this is that I'm not sure if there might be a way "as is" to
wrap ClientCreator or something along those lines in a proxy handler
that I'm not aware of.  (and if there is, someone please let me know,
I've got a few folk who are interested in using an http proxy with
oscar.py)  I simply haven't gotten around to it yet.  =/

Speaking of which, I really need to find some time to document what
I've got, create some test cases, and submit an update to oscar.py.
Considering how large it's gotten, I'm actually aiming to split it up
into an oscar subdirectory.

Anyway, feel free to contact me directly with some questions if you'd
like.

Daniel