[Twisted-Python] [ANN] pglib 0.1

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Mon May 22 11:24:59 MDT 2006

I'm pleasant to announce the first public release of pglib.

pglib is an implementation of the PostgreSQL protocol, version 3.0.
It is written in Twisted, and aims to be a complete replacement for libpq.

In the current version the extended query sub protocol is not supported.

The project can be found at:
http://developer.berlios.de/projects/pglib/

Subversion access coming soon.

Unfortunately, I still have to write some documentation/examples.
However there is a (hopefully) detailed README and a complete test case.

Its just the "twisted way" ;-).

Note that running the test suite requires to setup a PostgreSQL database.

And note that pglib offer (at least with the default IRowConsumer
implementation) only a raw and low level access to the database (no
conversion from SQL types and Python objects, like in pgasync).

This is the responsibility of an higher lever layer.

I would like to see pglib included in Twisted Core
(in twisted.enterprise.protocols.twisted)

I'm planning to write a support for MySQL (if I have time, it has a
really ugly protocol design) and an asynchronous "wrapper" for SQLite.

Regards  Manlio Perillo