Hilarious dream-logic (was Re: [Twisted-Python] [patch] (etc)

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sat May 20 05:44:25 MDT 2006

Thomas Hervé wrote:
>> Thank you, Terry!  It's nice to have a vote of confidence from the larger
>> community.  This is my impression exactly, and it is why I have become so
>> rude.  I write these replies for other people's benefit (they do nothing for
>> me but make my blood pressure go up) and I'm happy to see they've been useful
>> to someone.
>
> Glyph, I hope you realize most of the community didn't express on this point
> because it was really not worthy. twisted-python readers already realized that
> Mr  Arcangeli is only posting here to make us waste bandwith. Nobody use his
> pseudo fork so he needs to make some noise from time to time.
>
> As a Twisted user, I give all my support to current developpement policy, even
> if it could slow down the pace a bit (which is not proved on the long run).
>
> And, of course, long life to Divmod :).

Agreed. Frankly, I think you've been amazingly patient. And I certainly
wholeheartedly back the current development policy, warts and all. To
paraphrase Winston Churchill:

Many forms of Development have been tried, and will be tried in this
world of sin and woe. No one pretends that test-driven development is
perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that TDD is the worst form
of development except all those other forms that have been tried from
time to time.