[Twisted-Python] A tcp server that handles many connections

Eric Mangold teratorn at twistedmatrix.com
Fri May 19 04:23:12 MDT 2006

On Fri, 19 May 2006 19:38:52 +1000, Deillon Thomas-WTD008
<WTD008 at motorola.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm looking for a solution to make a server that handle many tcp
> connections and where I can send different information to each one.
> I read that twisted is maybe a good way to do this.

Twisted could very well be the best choice, but then there aren't too many
details to judge from here.

> Can you confirm that it's a better way to learn twisted than to try with
> Socket Server ?

It's almost surely better, yes.

> And if maybe you have a sample to help me to understand the basic
> thing... thks
> Thanks a lot for your help,
> Thomas

There are quite a few Developer Guides and code examples in the official
documentation. Let use know if you have trouble finding the right ones.

-Eric