[Twisted-Python] lore

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Wed May 17 11:16:12 MDT 2006

James Y Knight ha scritto:
> [...]
>
>> I've noted that web2 uses reStructuredText.
>>

> I did that because I hate lore,

Lore is a good thing, but writing XHTML documents can be a nuisance...

> but everyone else seems to dislike that
> I did so, and plans to convert those docs back to lore format. I'd
> rather that ReST became the recommended doc format, instead of
> converting those back to lore, but have no free time to try to push that
> viewpoint.

What are the problems encountered with reStructuredText?

>> And what about API generation from docstrings?
>> What tool it is used? epydoc?
>
> No, pydoctor. epydoc doesn't work.

Thanks.
The "formats" used are the same, right?

I'm asking this because I'm writing a replacement for pgasync.
It will be a fully featured client, with an interface like libpq (where
this make sense, of course).

I'm tring to follow the "twisted way" [1].
I've added unit tests and now I would like to write some documentation.

[1] because I think such a thing should be added in twisted.enterprise

Regards  Manlio Perillo