[Twisted-Python] Multiple thread pools

Stéphane Brault stephane_brault at yahoo.fr
Wed May 10 04:27:16 MDT 2006

Hi,
 I want to use twisted to run a server that is also a SOA client:
 I developp a scheduler that schedule calls to a web service regularly, tasks may be added or terminated.
 The web service has different calls and each task calls a specific call (too many calls in that sentence ;-)) and then update a database.
 The fact is that I can only have a maximum number of thread per call, I was wondering if I could have a thread pool per type of call,
 feeding it with my scheduled tasks and being able to change its size dynamically.
 I was thinking of having different groups of tasks, depending of the specific call, and feeding my thread pool according to the schedule.
 I'm new to twisted, so I don't really know how to do that, the thread documentation is a bit light for me.
 I'm also not quite sure what type of reactor would be best to use.

 I hope I've been clear, thanks,

 Stéphane