[Twisted-Python] Multiple main loops

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Thu May 4 11:59:42 MDT 2006

glyph at divmod.com wrote:
> I previously suggested that perhaps you could write tests for that
> patch, to verify that multiple reactors could actually run
> simultaneously.  That was a serious suggestion: if you'd like Twisted to
> support this feature, you can almost certainly get it accepted if there
> are accompanying test cases.  I'll commit to doing the reviews if you
> submit the patches.

Hi Glyph. The first thing I'm looking at is putting together a sync
server. This will take some time. Once I have something, I'll be looking
to measure the impact on zope. This should eliminate some speculatation
and provide a clearer picture of performance.

At this point I'm hoping to have something a bit more concrete to
discuss. I may be surprised - who knows. I am hoping this effort will
result in something that will work well enough to use on zope's single
reactor (if only for lighter use) in the interim.

If performance is not so hot, I will be revisit the multiple reactor
issue. There is another person that I have been in contact with that is
also interested in helping. But there is no point in going this
direction just yet. Not without at least a demonstration server and
client, and any proof a significant performance impact.

Regards,
David