[Twisted-Python] reactor.connectSSL() error handling

Lorenzo Allegrucci l.allegrucci at gmail.com
Sun May 28 15:02:07 EDT 2006

Hi, I'm writing a distributed application using XML-RPC over SSL in
Twisted. I need mutual authentication (server and client) but the
XML-RPC Proxy in Twisted doesn't take any SSL context so I rewrote a
Proxy by myself passing my ClientContextFactory subclass to
reactor.connectSSL.
Everything works fine but now I need to handle some possible error
conditions that could prevent the connection, e.g wrong certificates,
incompatible ciphersuite etc. In other words, I would like to catch
these "exceptions" and handle them but I don't know how to do it in the
Twisted framework (using Deferred I guess..).  Any hint?
Thank you.