[Twisted-Python] Problems with spawnProcess on Windows with ActiveState's ActivePython 2.3

christian simms christian.simms at gmail.com
Tue May 23 13:04:10 EDT 2006

I see this is a known problem (issue #1457 is closed, link at
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/1457), and the solution is to
upgrade your pywin32.  However, it's annoying that the current latest
ActivePython 2.3 still includes the old and buggy pywin32 --
ActiveState's release notes at
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActivePython/2.3/relnotes.html
state that they are including build 203+ (20050128).

As a simple solution, I wonder if someone could add a line to the Trac
download link for the "Win32 installer for Python 2.3" saying
something like:

    - NOTE:  To avoid issues relating to launching subprocesses,
please upgrade to the latest pywin32 package available at:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=78018.  If
you're using ActiveState's installation then you definitely need to
upgrade.

Cheers,
Christian