[Twisted-Python] signal handlers and threads

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Fri May 12 14:56:23 EDT 2006

Hi.

I have written a small module for sending signals to a "foreign" Python
process on Windows 2000/XP.

The trunk is on
http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/pykill32/trunk

In this way I can send KILL, TERM and so, like in a POSIX system.

This works by creating a thread on the remote process (yes, Windows
allow this...) and let it call the function "raise" from the MSVCR71 DLL.

This seems to work fine, and now I can stop a Twisted process with
kill.py TERM pid
(does twistd save the pid in a file on Windows?)

but I'm not sure if signal handlers are thread safe.

Regards  Manlio Perillo