[Twisted-Python] Re: Re : Multiple thread pools

Stéphane Brault stephane_brault at yahoo.fr
Thu May 11 13:43:46 EDT 2006

Thanks Nicola,
 I'm investigating this further.

 Stéphane

----- Message d'origine ----
De : Nicola Larosa <nico at tekNico.net>
À : twisted-python at twistedmatrix.com
Envoyé le : Jeudi, 11 Mai 2006, 6h00mn 44s
Objet : [Twisted-Python] Re: Re : Multiple thread pools

> Still, I need to ensure that I won't have more than x similar calls at a
> time. Is there a way, maybe using some of the deferred classes
> (deferredqueue,..) to ensure that there is no more than x simultaneous
> similar calls (wrapped in deferreds), the others being pending, until
> one is finished.

You are on the right track. A couple possible approaches are in this
mailing list thread:

http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2006-January/012388.html

--
Nicola Larosa - http://www.tekNico.net/

Much as everyone thinks they want financial security, the happiest
people are not those who have it, but those who like what they do.
 -- Paul Graham, January 2006