[Twisted-Python] Using Combinator without write SVN privileges? [was: Re: Branch based development]

Christopher Armstrong radeex at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 15:02:31 MST 2006

On 3/27/06, Itamar Shtull-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 16:38 -0500, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
> > On 3/27/06, Mary Gardiner <mary-twisted at puzzling.org> wrote:
> >         We could do something similar, or possibly even stricter where
> >         most
> >         "Twisted committers" do not in fact actually have merge
> >         capability, only
> >         reviewers do. It depends whether our reviewers are going to be
> >         pretty
> >         much all of us who already have access, or some trusted
> >         subset.
> >

> > No, I think that's a big difference between launchpad's model and
> > Twisted's/Divmod's model. For example, Divmod sometimes has people who
> > aren't even divmod committers reviewing branches. At the very least,
> > any committer can review a branch.
>
> I think you're conflating reviewers with people who do merges/commits to
> trunk?

Mary said "It depends whether our reviewers are going to be pretty much all
of us who already have access, or some trusted subset.". Reviewers in
Launchpad are a trusted subset. They're not a trusted subset in Twisted. I
guess the Launchpad Reviewers are *also* those who merge (is this true?),
but the difference remains.

--
Christopher Armstrong
International Man of Twistery