[Twisted-Python] Using Combinator without write SVN privileges? [was: Re: Branch based development]

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Mon Mar 27 03:19:01 MST 2006

Jean-Paul Calderone:
>>> Unless anyone can present a compelling case to the contrary, I think
>>> that as of now we should "officially" switch to the development
>>> procedures described by
>>> <http://divmod.org/trac/wiki/BranchBasedDevelopment>.

Itamar Shtull-Trauring:

glyph at divmod.com wrote:
> True enough.

I like Combinator, and would like to use it to hack on Twisted, in addition
to hacking with it. mkbranch seems to need write privileges to the SVN
repo, though. Is there a way around this, or do I just create a fake local
branch by copying the trunk in my local copy?

Actually, it would be better to have the branch up there in the repo, so
that the ongoing work is visible. Is there a way to get write access to the
branches and sandbox trees of the Twisted repo, without having it in the
tags and trunk trees?

--
Nicola Larosa - http://www.tekNico.net/

We are not seats or eyeballs or end users or consumers. We are human beings
- and our reach exceeds your grasp: deal with it. -- Chris Locke, Cluetrain