[Twisted-Python] XMLRPC Server: Bug with None response

Yvain Malsot ymalsot at besancon.parkeon.com
Wed Mar 8 08:43:30 MST 2006

Message interesting for the following twisted developpers (@see ticket
#1132):
 - oubiwann
 - jknight
 - itarmarst

Hi,

as we have seen in our developpment spikes and at this place:
http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-web/2005-September/001903.html
there's a bug when Twisted XML-RPC server deals with 'None' method response.

The previous message has given a patch (seen at the end of message) for
using the 'allow_none' parameter in order to resolve bug.

As we are new twisted users and haven't seen any revision for
twisted.web.xmlrpc module (since 2 years), we are asking
twisted-community the following questions:
 - is this patch acceptable?
 - will it be include in next twisted revision?

We have seen that a new xmlrpc.py is ready to be committed in the web2
package (see ticket #1132: http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/1132)
but it doesn't seem to include the previous patch.

Moreover, what about ticket #914 (uncatched exceptions we have also
encountered) ?

Regards,

Vincent & Yvain