Branch based development (Was Re: [Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] r16287 - Revert r16241; tests are passing.)

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Tue Mar 14 12:03:00 EST 2006

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:49:48 +0100, Ralph Meijer <twisted at ralphm.ik.nu> wrote:
>> [..]
>>
>> Unless anyone can present a compelling case to the contrary, I think that
>> as of now we should "officially" switch to the development procedures
>> described by <http://divmod.org/trac/wiki/BranchBasedDevelopment>.
>
>I've been trying this out. Not sure how the review process works from
>the moment you add the 'review' keyword, though.

1. Yell on IRC for a reviewer.  If someone responds, assign it to them.  If nobody responds, assign it to someone at random.
2. Set the priority to "highest".
3. The reviewer accepts the ticket.
4. The reviewer reviews, adds a comment.  (The comment should always include at least one positive and one negative comment about the branch, as well as an indication of whether it should be merged.)
5. If it's mergeable, and you're a committer, the reviewer then reassigns it to you for merging (for more accurate stat tracking).  If you're not a committer, the reviewer just merges it.  If it needs work, it's reassigned to you regardless.
6. Repeat as desired.

If you can't get past step 3, feel free to keep reassigning until you find someone who is responsive enough to accept / review it.  This does also assume that people will check their "my tickets" page on a regular basis, but that's just a good habit.