Branch based development (Was Re: [Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] r16287 - Revert r16241; tests are passing.)

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Tue Mar 14 11:53:47 EST 2006

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:41:55 -0500, Itamar Shtull-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org> wrote:
>On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 11:31 -0500, Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
>
>> Unless anyone can present a compelling case to the contrary, I think
>> that as of now we should "officially" switch to the development
>> procedures described by
>> <http://divmod.org/trac/wiki/BranchBasedDevelopment>.
>
>We should probably use Combinator, so people have an easy time with
>this.

True enough.

>1. Is Combinator documented?

Not the best doc in the world (I think it actually describes the configuration that non-Divmod Twisted devs might want to use, i.e. without the rest of the Divmod code) but it gets the general idea across:

http://divmod.org/trac/wiki/CombinatorTutorial

>2. Maybe Combinator should be in Twisted trunk, if it's a hard
>dependency for development?

There used to be problems with putting Combinator into the same sys.path entry as code it's managing - I'm not sure if they're all fixed.  It might work, but one of the reasons I'd held off making this pronouncement so long is that it would be handy to reorganize Twisted trunk first.

If someone wants to make a branch to move Combinator into Twisted though, I will review it :).