[Twisted-Python] Compressing PB communication

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Thu Jun 29 18:53:05 MDT 2006

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 15:31:17 -0400, Itamar Shtull-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org> wrote:
>On Thu, 2006-06-29 at 22:01 +0300, Tzahi Fadida wrote:

>> I don't want to handle this on the application/PB level.

>twisted.spread.util.Pager and subclasses thereof will do it for you.

I should emphasize that not only do these classes help with this sort of functionality; every PB application I'm aware of that had to transfer bulk data over the main channel worked this way.  It's not like you're going to be in any new territory or implementing a large raft of functionality yourself.