[Twisted-Python] Compressing PB communication

Tzahi Fadida Tzahi.ML at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 13:01:22 MDT 2006

On Thursday 29 June 2006 21:33, glyph at divmod.com wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:41:09 +0300, Tzahi Fadida <tzahi.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Thursday 29 June 2006 02:21, glyph at divmod.com wrote:
> >> Have you actually measured the size of the PB data you are thinking
> >> about compressing?  PB's serialization tends to be extremely tight.
> >
> >Yes, it's about 20megabytes of data (~20000 records).
>
> You are aware that PB has a 640kb-per-message limit, right?  You'll have to
> be breaking up that data set.

No, that is new to me. I cannot break it up.
can it be done using that writeSequence or Write in the ProtocolWrapper?
I don't want to handle this on the application/PB level.
I can see though that this is confined to the banana.py and cbanana,
i can change it there as a last resort, right?
640kb looks arbitrary to me, times is changing, what was considered
large in the past is small in the present. At the very least it should be
configurable.