[Twisted-Python] Need words of wisdom regarding PB

Chaz. eprparadocs at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 12:20:25 MDT 2006

I have a problem to solve: I need to get files from one machine to
another. I had thought about all the obvious solutions (and implemented
some of them); for instance adding an FTP server to my Twisted services
and using a client. I thought about doing the file transfer with XML-RPC
and even SOAP. And I even thought of WebDav.

I started reading about PB and thought it might be useful. I thought
about building a "remote" class that simulates open and all its
functions, like read, write, close, etc.

The more I thought about it the more I thought it cool and the way to do
it. That got me thinking that I must be missing something. I am curious
about what you might think of this approach. Is there another better way?

Peace,
Chaz.