[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] r17325 - merge sob-491, fixes #491

Cory Dodt corydodt at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Jun 21 10:30:02 MDT 2006

Oh, for pete's sake.

I'm all for a structured development process, but this is just being pedantic
for the sake of being pedantic.  Please tell me, how does following this rigid
log message structure help speed twisted development?  How does it contribute
to the overall quality of Twisted in any substantive way?

>  <line of 78 or fewer characters summarizing change>

Be serious.  The haranguing about this kind of stuff is getting so tiresome
that I've stopped making any serious attempts to commit to the trunk.  As long
as the necessary information is in there, who the heck cares how it's
formatted?  I see that glyph looked at the bug and pronounced it acceptable.
It was possible to look this up in the bug, which is how I found out, spending
all of 10 seconds on it.