[Twisted-Python] recommended twisted database coding

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Thu Jun 8 10:00:39 MDT 2006

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 12:05:22 +0200, Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas at apestaart.org> wrote:
>Hi everyone,

>Being a Twisted groupie I would prefer to use something that works well
>with Twisted.  After looking at all the options available to me, I'm
>getting a little confused, and would like some feedback to clear up the
>confusion.

Axiom was designed from the ground up as a Twisted-friendly database.  You can store Twisted service objects in axiom databases, and run axiom databases as twisted servers using the 'axiomatic start' command.

If you're writing a blog/cms type thing, you should probably look at this brief tutorial for an example of how such things get built with axiom:

  http://divmod.org/trac/wiki/MantissaBlogTutorial

(mantissa is axiom+nevow+athena+glue, basically)

Other database integration tools may be more database-y (and, for example, give you a choice of database backend, which axiom does not currently do) but you are unlikely to find one twistier than axiom ;).