[Twisted-Python] LineOnlyReceiver does not notice when connection's failing

Christian Schneider schneider at gl-systemhaus.de
Fri Jun 30 06:25:07 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I've got a twisted application that uses a LineOnlyReceiver as its
protocol. All connections between clients and my server are open
ended so I have to be sure they are working correctly. However, when
I disrupt the network connection between a client and the server, the
server happily keeps writing to the connection while the client
closes its part and re-connects again.

I am using sendLine to send the data but have also tried
transport.write and transport.writeSomeData but with these no data is
being sent at all!

So, anyone knows what I have to do to get signalled when writing to a
connection fails?

Any help would be very welcome.

Thanks,

chris