[Twisted-Python] pb over windows named pipes?

Micky Latowicki ml.flex at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 14:55:36 EDT 2006

Thank you glyph and Itamar.

The idea to use named pipes occured to us very late in our dev. process, at
a point where we really have to do things quickly. We think that we should
adopt named pipes nonetheless because they should save us a lot of other
work.

Looking at WaitForMultipleObjects, it doesn't seem like named pipes fit. We
would have to use overlapping IO and events for that.

Since we use wxreactor, we probably can't use win32eventreactor as-is.

What is most accessible to us, we think, it to create threads and block. So
that's what we're going to do, at least until we have time to do something
nicer. We will contribute it, if we think it's good. We probably won't think
it's much good, though. Sorry.

Thanks again.