[Twisted-Python] pb over windows named pipes?

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Tue Jun 20 14:31:30 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 14:03 -0400, glyph at divmod.com wrote:

> >2. how hard would it be
>
> To do it properly?  You can't select() on named pipes in Windows, so
> you'd have to work with IOCP, which I unfortunately understand only at
> a high level.  Hopefully someone who has worked with iocpreactor can
> answer your questions (hint, hint).

That's not completely accurate. I'm faily certain you can use named
pipes with WaitForMultipleObjects, so you could probably implement this
relatively easily with the win32eventreactor.

If they support non-blocking operations it should be easy to implement
using t.i.abstract.FileDescriptor as a basis; if they don't you can
probably steal most of the code from the win32 process support.