[Twisted-Python] Twisted and ZSI - any examples/words of wisdom?

L. Daniel Burr ldanielburr at mac.com
Sat Jun 17 12:34:50 EDT 2006

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 05:54:00 -0500, Chaz. <eprparadocs at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am just about to embark on a SOAP interface to my services. I enjoy
> using Twisted and would love to continue using it with SOAP. I have used
> ZSI before in a standalone product but don't see much about marrying the
> two: twisted and ZSI.

That's because SOAP and company suck.  There is always, always, *always* a
better way to accomplish a task than using SOAP.  I've ranted about this
topic before in another thread, to no avail, and I doubt I'll change your
mind either, but someone needs to speak out against this nonsense.

> I am sure there is someone out there that has done it, and wonder how to
> do it? Are there any examples yet?

Check out PyGridWare; they've integrated ZSI with twisted for you.  Again,
SOAP is a pure waste of time and effort, so please consider exploring the
other options available to you, before committing to SOAP.

L. Daniel Burr