[Twisted-Python] Twisted-friendly Message bus

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Jun 16 12:25:22 EDT 2006

All,

I've run into "this service needs to know about this event from this
other service" once too often. It's message bus time, baby.

However, many of the daemons I use are locally-written Twisted code, so
a Twisted-friendly (async api) one would be nice. Note also that other
non-Twisted code will need to connect to it, so rolling my own (aside
from it being a bad idea from a NIH perspective) is out.

I could of course wrap the message queue receiver for something
well-proven like Spread into a thread. Then there's XMPP which is the
darling of the anti-Java movement - though wrapping Twisteds' XMPP API
to get a message bus might be annoying.

Suggestions?