[Twisted-Python] Re: recommended twisted database coding

Ed Suominen general at eepatents.com
Thu Jun 8 19:55:27 EDT 2006

From: Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas at apestaart.org>
> Are there any active projects that use a database backend, twisted,
> persistent objects, and are freely available, that I can sneak a peek at
> for my further education ?

Take a look at my sAsync ("SQLAlchemy made Asynchronous") project at
http://foss.eepatents.com/sAsync/. I think it does a lot of what you're
looking for. I've got the lower-level foundation code unit tested and
working fine, and am currently working on higher-level stuff like an
asynchronously-accessible persistent "name:value" item store and a
persistent dictionary that uses it.

The object you'll most want to get familiar with if you use sAsync is
"AccessBroker" in the "database" module [1].

The synchronous-to-asynchronous interface problem, which must be dealt
with by any Twisted-compatible DB-API that doesn't do the low-level
network file or connections entirely on its own, is addressed in what I
like to think is a pretty cool fashion via a priority queue that runs in
a single, dedicated worker thread. See the "syncbridge" module for
details [2].

By popular demand (well, one user to be exact), I've included a mildly
informative "Usage" document at the site that may help explain how and
why to use sAsync.

Best regards,
Ed Suominen