[Twisted-Python] Process completion not detected on HP-UX (#608)

Glenn Hochberg gah at research.att.com
Mon Jul 31 10:05:16 MDT 2006

On Jul 31, 2006, at 11:43 AM, glyph at divmod.com wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 11:24:55 -0400, Glenn Hochberg
> <gah at research.att.com> wrote:
>> I ran into a problem on HP-UX (B.11.23 U ia64) using Python
>> 2.4.3,  whereby processes started via reactor.spawnProcess() never
>> seem to  get the completion event.
>> I fished around via Google and found that this is ticket #608,
>> which  has been hanging around for over 2 years.
>>
>> I'd be willing to help troubleshoot this if someone could provide
>> some guidance.  I'd really like to get this fixed ASAP, so any
>> help  is appreciated.
>
> I've commented on #608.  Long story short: we need a buildbot, and
> probably a maintainer for HP/UX.  Interested in volunteering?
>
> You probably want to add yourself as "cc" specifically on that bug,
> if you don't want to subscribe to the mailing list.

Actually, I had to subscribe anyway (my email was rejected the first
time),

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "buildbot" exactly--obviously
something that builds Twisted, but is it something I'd run myself, or
something that needs to be accessible from the Internet?  I could
help out in the short term, but I'm no HP-UX wiz; I'm only using it
for one particular project because that's the hardware they run it on
(to my dismay).

   -Glenn