[Twisted-Python] Is twisted the right tool for this job?

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Sun Jul 16 11:03:34 MDT 2006

It seems awfully stupid to use wxPython to draw up an IEHtmlWindow,
where Venster would do a better job of the same thing in probably the
same (or less) user code. Venster's only dependency is ctypes, so the
combination is a few *megabytes* smaller than wxPython. That means
the Venster based application would load *MUCH MUCH* faster (on the
order of several seconds), since we're talking about a CD here.
Neither wxPython nor Venster are cross-platform for embedding the IE
ActiveX control.

-bob