[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] r17664 - This was pre-UQDS code, so in making the transition I have to add lots of docs

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Mon Jul 24 13:12:56 EDT 2006

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:59:52 -0400, Jean-Paul Calderone <exarkun at divmod.com> wrote:

>This is the easiest to read.

I agree, and I'll gladly change that branch, but I didn't think it made sense to change the coding standard for the previous one.

Do you want to update the coding standard to be a bit less vague in this area?

>It is unfortunate the emacs has such a hard
>time with this construct, but I think it is what we should adopt anyway.

Emacs actually does a better job with the additional newline, because if you ask it to *without* the additional newline, it wraps the first line of the _docstring_ to 80 chars, it ignores indentation.  I've been ignoring that for the moment because it is seldom actually an issue, but it still bothers me.