[Twisted-Python] What is the best way to install Twisted on OS X 10.4?

Aaron Rustad arustad at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 23:53:22 EDT 2006

I'm having a hard time running a TwistedWords example.
[OS X 10.4, MacPython 2.4, Python 2.3.5, latest stable build of TwistedSumo]

I have installed (correctly I think) zopeinterfaces/core/words/web,
but when I invoke:

/usr/local/bin/python msn_example.py

I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "msn_example.py", line 11, in ?
    from twisted.protocols import msn
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/twisted/protocols/msn.py",
line 6, in ?
    globals())
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/twisted/python/util.py",
line 725, in moduleMovedForSplit
    raise ImportError("You need to have the Twisted %s "
ImportError: You need to have the Twisted Words package installed to
use twisted.protocols.msn. See
http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/words.

Your help is greatly appreciated [I'm a noob to Python and Twisted,
but I know bit about OS X].
Thanks!
Aaron.