[Twisted-Python] streaming video

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Tue Jul 11 10:19:37 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 01:02, Aljosa Mohorovic wrote:
> i'm looking for a way to stream video in python (streaming server
> for video captured from camera), any tips/examples/docs for doing
> this with twisted?
> i'm asking because i have no experience with twisted and any help
> is appreciated.

You could use something like RTSP and RTP. RTSP is a pretty easy
protocol to implement, and there's an RTP implementation that's not
too awful in the Shtoom codebase. I know of at least 2 other people
that used the Shtoom RTP code to do this - I don't know if their code
was ever open sourced.

Anthony