[Twisted-Python] Status of wxPython support in Twisted 2.1: use wxreactor

Steve Freitas sflist at ihonk.com
Sat Jul 1 21:45:35 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 14:18 -0400, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 10:38 -0700, Steve Freitas wrote:
>
> > So it's question of merging rather than further bug fixing?
>
> Probably. Maybe I'll get JP to help me with it on the weekend.
>
> > I looked at
> > the feedback on the corresponding bug report
> > <http://twistedmatrix.com/bugs/issue1235> and it seemed like there was
> > still an issue on the Mac -- did you find a solution for that?
>
> I think the current version doesn't work on Mac either, so it's
> certainly not worse :)

Well I'm willing to put some effort towards getting this reactor
working, if anybody in the know is willing to put up with a series of
(hopefully) decreasingly stupid questions. Twisted really needs a
reactor that Just Works with a good cross-platform GUI toolkit. (Yeah Tk
and GTK blah blah, but who buys a Mac so they can't lick their apps?)

JP and Itamar, have you got any feel for the difficulty level of making
wxreactor pass the tests?

Steve