[Twisted-Python] cleaning up unit test failures

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Wed Jan 25 23:04:19 MST 2006

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 23:59:25 -0500, glyph at divmod.com wrote:
>I just wanted to let everyone know that the recent buildbot failures on
>win32 (the process-related ones) are about half my fault.  At the time that
>I wrote the offending code, I couldn't get a full test run for the win32
>reactor due to a problem which James Knight has since fixed (THANK YOU) and
>the process tests were passing.
>
>I already have an issue in my queue which describes the problem
><http://twistedmatrix.com/bugs/issue654> and I should be fixing it at the
>latest this weekend.
>
>Anybody know how to fix the other half (mostly _setUpTestdir)?  The problems
>log for a recent win32select build is here:
><http://twistedmatrix.com/buildbot/win32-select/builds/173/step-default/2>
>
>There also seem to be some timing related issues which seem like they should
>just be todo'd until someone writes a version that has a fake timer rather
>than a real clock in them.

If you're referring to the newpb failures, I think we need some other way to deal with them.  I've been trying to catch Warner online, but haven't succeeded so far.

Should this code go back into a branch?  Should buildbot just not run the newpb tests?  Neither of these seems really satisfactory to me, but these failures shouldn't be failing builds: they never passed reliably in the first place.

Jean-Paul