[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-web] CPUShare-Twisted

Andrea Arcangeli andrea at cpushare.com
Sun Jan 22 20:50:06 EST 2006

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 06:10:24PM -0700, Samuel Reynolds wrote:
> As a professional software developer, I automatically
> reject any bug report (from the QA folks) that doesn't
> provide sufficient information to duplicate a bug.

This is just a dream for me, the bug I've fixed this month as a
professional software developer (in my real job, nothing that has to do
with twisted) were not reproducible, not just by me, but by the
customers too. I found it after nailing in the crash dump for several
hours and there's no way I could ever hope to write a testcase to
reproduce it reliably even after I've fixed it (furthermore not all
hardware can reproduce it at all).

> So I see no reason why a unit test or test program
> should not be required. Twisted, like most open-source

We may argue about new features, but for bugfixes it makes no sense to
require them, and my mind isn't going to change about that.

> Can we PLEASE agree to disagree, stop sniping,
> and devote mailing list bandwidth to "real" issues?!

Yep.