[Twisted-Python] Twisted Website

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Tue Feb 28 20:13:09 MST 2006

As some of you may have noticed, Twisted's website has undergone a
somewhat major change.  This comes in several pieces:

  * Roundup has been replaced by trac as our issue tracker.  All of
the tickets in roundup have been moved over and the various fields
adjusted to fit trac's view of things.  User accounts have been
transferred as well; you should be able to log in to trac using your
roundup username/password.  If you had configured roundup with your
email address, that has been transferred as well; if you did not, or
if you didn't have a roundup account and create a trac account, you
must provide an email address before you will be able to submit new
tickets.  We still have the roundup database around in case anyone
notices any problems, but so far as I can tell, everything has been
migrated successfully.  We are using several custom plugins in order
to preserve roundup functionality which trac does not offer
natively: the twisted-bugs list is still in operation and changes
will still be sent to anyone who is nosy ("cc'ed") on a ticket.  We
have introduced a new feature as well: newly created tickets are
now announced on the IRC channel.

  * Epydoc has been replaced by docextractor (to be renamed).  Since
we have so much documentation using epytext markup, we will likely
continue to use that markup style.  API documentation emitted by
docextractor is currently up on the website at the URL previously
occupied by epydoc's output.  The docextractor markup is currently
very rough.  Patches are, as always, welcome ;)  You will find the
source at <http://codespeak.net/svn/user/mwh/docextractor/trunk>.

  * Obviously we now have a wiki.  Feel free to contribute content.
A few pages, mainly those with project download links and such, will
be kept read-only.  Speak with project maintainers if you want to
make changes to these pages.

  * Tim Stebbing has volunteered to maintain the website from this
point on.  Project maintainers, speak with him (tjs on irc) to get
edit permission for the read-only parts of the wiki.

There are bound to be a few problems with the new site.  If you
encounter any, please report them, preferably in the tracker.

Thanks to everyone who helped out with the website switch over, in
particular Chris Armstrong who helped push things over the last hump,
and Michael Hudson who did what a lot of people have been avoiding
for years and wrote an epydoc replacement.

Jean-Paul