[Twisted-Python] Missing feature in detecting stalled PB connections?

Luc Stepniewski luc.stepniewski at adelux.fr
Tue Feb 21 10:40:39 MST 2006

On Tuesday 21 February 2006 17:06, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> The typical way to do this is have some sort of remote_ping method that
> returns immediately on the server (or on the client) that the client (or
> the server) calls every once in a while, with a timeout for the
> response. If that times out the problem is likely the connection, not
> the server being slow, in which case you can close the connection.

Yes, it's the same thing as making a pseudo "timeout" with a callLater. But in
my case, the problem is even more primitive, in that I just need to connect,
send data (eventually get a response), and then disconnect.
But if the remote PB server doesn't reply (the simplest reason would be that
it's a program that accepts sockets but does not reply *anything*, like a
listening netcat) then I'm stuck. Your answer will not help in that case (or
maybe I misunderstood, as always, your explanation).

Luc
--
Luc Stepniewski <luc.stepniewski at adelux.fr> <sip:724766 at fwd.pulver.com>
Adelux - Securite, Linux  Public key: <http://lstep.free.fr/pubkey.txt>