[Twisted-Python] Freezing twisted successfully?

Gabe Rudy rudy at goldenhelix.com
Wed Feb 15 17:01:00 MST 2006

On Wednesday 15 February 2006 4:14 pm, Gabe Rudy wrote:

> Anybody have any luck using cx_Freeze or PyInstaller to freeze a program
> with a threaded reactor?

I checked into it a bit more and I'm not sure threads has anything to do with
it.

sshsimpleclient.py found at
http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/conch/documentation/examples/
also seems to have problems when frozen. Specifically defer.succeed(1) from
verfiyHostKey does not seem  to work as the log shows
2006/02/15 16:54 MST [SimpleTransport,client] Disconnecting with error, code 9
        reason: bad host key

PyInstaller has hooks for packages with hidden imports, I'm wondering if I
need to create something like this so that this will work... but I see no
obvious modules to force importing.