[Twisted-Python] Freezing twisted successfully?

Gabe Rudy rudy at goldenhelix.com
Wed Feb 15 18:14:22 EST 2006

I'm trying to freeze a script that uses twisted conch so I can distribute it
internally easily. It seems to work but I get different behavior out of the
freezed executable which ends up breaking it. After some hunting I think
deferreds in threads don't work and I think it's because app.installReactor
uses reflect.namedModule which imports using __import__ which PyInstaller has
trouble figuring out or just acts differently when frozen.

Anybody have any luck using cx_Freeze or PyInstaller to freeze a program with
a threaded reactor?

--gabe