[Twisted-Python] mx.DateTime jellyable?

Gabe Rudy rudy at goldenhelix.com
Mon Feb 6 12:46:11 EST 2006

I see the support of the python datetime class, and read through the
pb-copyable howto, but am still curious if there is a way to make a module
classes jellyable (specifically mx.DateTime) without writting a wrapper
class? My postgres database wrapper returns mx.DateTime and a lib on the
client side expects mx.DateTime so it makes sense to keep it in that format.

I saw a message back in 2004 about working on the ability to register external
serialization functions for new types.  Is that in place now?

I have seen some chatter in previous posts about mx.DateTime but could not
find a definitive answer. i.e. "don't hack it, make it work without
mx.DateTime", or "philosophically, what your doing would be insecure and not
cross-language compatible (which pb is), hence your question is void.", or
hopefully "check out xxx for external serialization"

Thanks
--gabe