[Twisted-Python] Running callbacks in a non-main thread

Gabe Rudy rudy at goldenhelix.com
Fri Feb 3 20:06:52 EST 2006

On Friday 03 February 2006 5:13 pm, Bob Ippolito wrote:
> Technically a Deferred will process its callbacks in the same thread
> that callback or errback was invoked in.  If you feel the need to do
> that, your design is probably fubar though.

Ok, thanks for setting me strait. I see that my problem was really I was
blocking the main thread, and hence the reactor from doing _anything_. I got
a workable hack now that processes reactor events in a loop until the worker
thread finishes, then returns from the function with the results (making the
function appear synchronous to the caller).

--Gabe