[Twisted-Python] What Win32 issues are important to you?

Eric Mangold teratorn at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Dec 8 15:21:43 MST 2006

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 18:16:29 -0600, Jonathan Lange <jml at mumak.net> wrote:

> On 12/7/06, Eric Mangold <teratorn at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>> I'm going to set aside some time to work on win32 issues, and was
>> wondering what tickets are particularly important for the folks out
>> there?
>>

> Hey Eric,
>
> Thanks for showing the Windows love.  The most pressing win32 issue
> for me is the large number of reactor unclean warnings in the
> win32event reactor.
>
>> From #2091:
>     One other thing: the win32-win32er slave had about 250 more errors
>     with this branch merged than without it. win32er may not be a
>     completely supported reactor, but introducing this many new errors
>     to even an unsupported reactor makes me very nervous and I think
>     we should try to avoid doing it.

Great, thanks.

> Another very important issue is the buildslaves. As a UNIX[1]
> developer, the buildslaves are my primary point of interaction with
> the Windows world. This leads to two things:
>
>     1. It's hard to care about the win32er and iocp reactors when they
> are always red.[2]

I think this is one instance of a bigger problem: it's hard to care about
a buildslave that is always red *if you don't know what you changed*. What
do you guys think.. If buildbot told us which tests passed/failed since
the last build, would that help at all?

>     2. It would be very nice for the "remove-.pyc" step to always work.

I will see what I can do about this.

> That's it from me. Thanks again for taking the time to look after win32.

Thanks for the ideas.

-Eric