[Twisted-Python] Producers / Consumers and more examples tutorials? (Example Request)

Andrew Smith agtilden at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 17 14:33:16 MDT 2006

>Just name a specific example you'd like to see and
I'll try to write
>something up.  I don't want to pick something, write
it up, and then
>discover that it doesn't cover what you wanted to
learn. :)
>Jean-Paul

How about this scenario:

I make an HTTP request and expect to receive an XML
document back. The XML document is a container for
discreet items.

It might look something like this:

<items>
  <item>
    <content>foo</content>
  </item>
  <item>
    <content>bar</content>
  </item>
</items>

I don't know how big this document will be or how long
it will take to retrieve so I would like to present
myself as a producer of individual item elements and
let clients consume them as they become available.
Does this fit the twisted Producer/Consumer paradigm?

-a.