[Twisted-Python] will the real dave peticolas please stand up

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Thu Aug 17 11:30:01 MDT 2006

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 19:01:13 -0700, Dave Peticolas <dave at krondo.com> wrote:
>I won! I won! Oh.
>
>Ticket updated, sir.

Thanks a lot.

>And while I would love to work more on Twisted, I haven't been able
>to find the time. The lame lament you hear over and over, I know.

You mean the lament I _make_ over and over...

>If anyone is interested in maintaining enterprise, I would be happy to
>help as much as I can, or just step quietly aside as you like. I know it
>pretty well, we use it all the time where I work.

This seems pretty unlikely; I've heard no interest in anyone maintaining it or adding any features to it for a while.

On the other hand, it doesn't really *need* any substantial feature development; but an occasional "hey what's up" from a maintainer would be good.  It would also be nice if it had a bit more in the way of docstrings (and I think that ed suimonen will still buy you a hundred-dollar beer if you add a lot of them...)

>But I'm happy to wear the hat if nobody else wants it and the next time one
>of my tickets bubbles up to the top of the wall of shame, and it isn't a
>'dontfix',
>I'll try to carve out some time to actually work on it.

Thanks again.  It's good to hear you're still around.