[Twisted-Python] Restarting a reactor listener

Travis Vachon tvachon at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 17:12:49 MDT 2006

Hi Ian

I ran into this just recently, but am not entirely certain I found the best
solution. I needed to be able to switch the port the reactor was listening
on without restarting the reactor. Here's how I did it:

     def startListener(self, port, interface="127.0.0.1"):

        self.iListeningPort = reactor.listenTCP(
            port,
            self.factory,
            interface=interface
            )
    def restartListener(self, port, interface="127.0.0.1"):

        self.iListeningPort.stopListening()
        self.startListener(port, interface)

I'm not sure if doing this will have any unintended side-effects, but so far
it seems to have done the trick. If someone else on the list could confirm
this does what I think it does (and what Ian is looking for) that would be
great.

Best,

Travis