[Twisted-Python] logging (was: "Injecting" ...)

Duncan McGreggor duncan.mcgreggor at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 13:25:37 MDT 2006

glyph at divmod.com wrote:

> - Messages posted here should also generally follow Twisted conventions,
> unless there is a specific need not to.  For example:
>   - use twisted.python.log, not python's 'logging' module.

I stopped using t.p.log last year because of a common customer
requirement for the software to support logging levels. After digging
through the twisted archives on this topic, it appeared that there was a
little disagreement on how to use t.p.log, some missing docs, and no way
to prevent the logging of messages of a certain type.

Was I wrong in this assessment?

If I wasn't, I would actually be interested in fixing this problem with
both 1) an agreed upon means of supporting log levels and 2) extensive
documentation.

This might dovetail nicely with JP's comment of 05/31/05 in
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/989. And possibly some of the
issues raised in http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/1069 .

Shall I open a ticket?